Thursday 5 March 2020

Keswick Conservation Area - The English Lake District WHS

Shucks! ....... very happy to get these responses to my Keswick Conservation Area Appraisal and Management Plan on behalf of the Lake District National Park Authority.  It's all about making reports accessible to all.



From a member of the public .....

"My wife and I recently visited the Moot Hall to take a look at the plans in hardcopy form. 

I just wanted you to know that we were both extremely impressed with the quality of the planning document.

It is a masterly piece of work - conducted at the most painstaking level of detail.  Brilliant !!
In fact, I would love to get hold of a hardcopy to keep in the house.
Clearly it has been produced for a very serious purpose, but once it has served that purpose you really ought to consider its intrinsic value - - It documents extensively the architecture of Keswick with reference to historical and cultural links and is, to my knowledge, far and away the best document to do so.

Do you have plans at some point in the future to publish it and offer it for sale to the general public ?  I for one would be very prepared to pay quite a high price for a copy

Congratulations again"


and from the National Trust .....

"Thank you so much for inviting me to feedback on the draft Keswick Conservation Area assessment.  I have spent some time looking at the document this morning and think it really is an excellent example of its type. 

I haven’t attempted to read it all from cover to cover, and have instead dipped into areas where I thought I might be able to add value, such as the description of Crow Park as one of the extension areas.  However, even within these areas which I like to think I understand I haven’t been able to improve upon the original.  It is very strong throughout."




No comments:

Post a Comment